Friday 11 May 2012

Quarter of a Century

Ahh!!! Life seriously seems to be getting in the way of me documenting life on my blog! But I guess that's a good thing, actually living life. Well I figure that since the simple task of walking home yesterday has left me fairly horizontal today (no worries, nothing too serious), I am able to catch up on catching you up. That, and catching up on the life and times of Cory and Topanga while Kevin is off on a work chartered fishing expedition all day (yes, the only TV series I have downloaded on my laptop right now are all of the BMW seasons).


So last Wednesday, as many of you may or may not know, the most wonderful and important person in my life turned 25. Have I left you stumped on who? Well, keep guessing... 

Since he clearly does not have enough toys yet, I thought it best to add to his collection. What I didn't realize was that, after getting a ride home with this big, awkward box on the birthday boy's big day, I forgot wrapping paper and we do not have any form of adhesive tape in our flat. And while it may not be the most flash wrapping job, not only was everything 100% recyclable, I think it did the trick!



I was entirely shocked that he hadn't guessed his present, since I had to measure like every inch of his body to send in for custom-made waders. Kevin claims he's not like me, who gets a tad worked up when I know I'm getting a surprise but don't know what it is... I may be a tad over-dramatic at times! Now our closet is stocked full of wetsuits of all sorts: swimming, surfing, fishing--take your pick.

Since Kevin's birthday fell in the middle of a work week, we kept things pretty low key. We spent the evening making homemade pierogies, something we had talked about doing for a longtime. And boy did they turn out delicious! Fairly labour intensive, but most definitely worth the time and effort.






In other news, we now have wheels!! Kevin and I are now the proud owners of Sophia, the station wagon, dutifully named after Sophia the llama for sale Kevin has been eyeing on the TradeMe online classifieds. Now I don't have to trek 2 kilometres to go grocery shopping with my giant travelling backpack. I tried driving home from the grocery store last weekend, and may or may not have had a minor stroke. I think I may need some Kiwi-style drivers-ed. 



I hope all you mothers and grandmothers have a very Happy Mothers Day this Sunday! Haere rā.

No comments:

Post a Comment