Friday 29 June 2012

Foux da Fa Fa

Haere mai my fellow blog followers! Lots has been happening here for us in the Kiwi capital over the past few weeks. The winter solstice came and went and slowly our days are becoming longer. We are in the crux of winter and still seeing more clear and sunny skies than not. The temperature has dipped a fair bit recently, but it has yet to go below 8°C and most likely won't. Definitely a nice change to the cruel Canadian winters we are used to.

Last Thursday, Kevin and I went to the Michael Fowler Centre for some homegrown music and laughs. Flight of the Conchords were in town doing their first Kiwi tour in eight years. Many of you may not know that both Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement started FOTC right here in Wellington and it was nice to see them play to their hometown. In fact, Bret's brother was the bartender at the venue! The duo charmed the crowd with their quick-witted banter, hilarious jokes, dazzling costumes, and a wide range of old and new material. Below are some not-very-good photos from the show. I apologize for the serious lack of quality...












On a completely unrelated note, I have some very exciting news: I have officially been accepted to do my Yoga Teacher Training at the beginning of next year! My yoga studio, Hot Yoga NZ, is offering a 5-month, 200-hour, Yoga Alliance-certified teacher training from January to June 2013 and I couldn't be more thrilled to take part. Once I complete the training, I hope to be able to both teach yoga at the studio, as well as incorporate yoga into addiction treatment with my clients. It looks like I will be having a busy year ahead of me with lots of reading, learning, self-discovery, practice, and fun. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment