Saturday 6 July 2013

RYT

152 days. 5 long weekends. More than 90 personal classes. Over 260 training hours. Endless laughs and lasting memories. All this and I somehow found the time to hold down a full-time job...

 It has taken a long time, but I can finally add a few extra letters behind my name after completing my 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training last Sunday. The journey has been beautiful and I'm not sure I can fully describe it. Instead, I'll show you.

On 30 January 2013 we entered with anxiety, curiosity, and excitement.


Below are snapshots of some of the activities, learnings, and adventures where we played, laughed, and grew.























These 17 beautiful fellow trainees (and two incredible instructors) became like family over the past five months. We shared many ups, each of us a few downs, and so much fun! I am confident that I have made some lifelong friends.


And then we came upon our graduation day. It was a lovely afternoon that showed us of the progress and transformations that had been made. The amount of knowledge acquired has been remarkable and I am so eager to share this with my future students.



I could not have done it without this guy. My rock. There were many nights of solo-dinners and waiting for me to come home from the studio. There were also a fair amount of guinea-pigging. I am so fortunate to have such a loving and supportive partner (and one who is pretty excited to be getting some free yoga classes at home).


While this training has come to an end, it is really only the beginning. I have been offered a part-time teaching position at the studio and am teaching my very first class in *gasp* an hour and a frickin' half (what am I doing blogging!?).

This really has been an experience of a lifetime and one that will keep me learning forever. Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment